- We start shooting Meet Me There this weekend (Jill Thompson is going to be at my house, holy crap), so thank you again to everyone who reads the column, contributed to our IndieGogo fundraiser and made that possible.
So hey, please click through to enjoy the Best and Worst of WWE Raw for May 6, 2013. I wouldn’t give it a zero.
- Comments, shares, likes, and anything else that gets people to come here are appreciated, as always. If you can start one of those Reddit threads where people are all, “oh yeah, I like this column,” I will mail you candy.
- The biggest-ever thank you goes out to everyone who helped make our Meet Me There fundraiser a success. We raised over $6,000 (!!), which will go very far toward making it the best movie we can make it. Thank you, and you are my friend from now until whenever you wanna stop. We’re shooting in May, so I’ll be socially AWOL for most of it, but it shouldn’t mess with the column at all. Go like the movie on Facebook and keep up with us!
And now, with 100% fewer helicopter entrances, it’s the Best and Worst of WWE Raw for April 29, 2013.
- Spoiler alert: This show was bad. Like, notably awful. If you are not a fan of people pointing out that the wrestling is bad I’d recommend going back and reading last week’s report instead. Last week: when things were fun, and people had futures.
- Comments, shares, likes, and anything else that gets people to come here are appreciated.
- We’ve got 11 days left in our fundraiser for Meet Me There, the horror movie I’m making with Dustin Rhodes, Jill Thompson and a bunch of crazy talented people. If you’re the good-hearted type, you should consider donating to the cause. You can get stuff!
Please click through to enjoy the Worst and One Best When Mark Henry Ran In All Suddenly Of Raw for April 15, 2013.
- Everyone is hurt and John Cena died on the way back to his home planet. - New WWE Divas Champion Layla could show up for between 2-3 minutes. Michelle McCool could show up for even less than that! - Triple H returns, and I try not to be a total dick about it.
At Extreme Rules, Raw and SmackDown GM John Laurinaitis had a mysterious phone conversation with Triple H. The GM promised to reveal the nature of their conversation when The Game comes to Raw SuperShow tonight. What will the two have to say?
“My name is John Laurinaitis.” “This business.” etc.
- The top 10 comments from tonight’s WWE Raw open discussion thread will be featured in tomorrow’s Best And Worst Of WWE Raw report. To nominate a comment for top 10 status, please reply to it with a +1. The easiest ways to a top 10 comment are 1) using contextual references to things I love, like Watchmen or the first season of Pokémon, 2) signs or pictures of signs at WWE events featuring me or something I’ve said, 3) saying hateful sh*t about Sheamus. Still, even though he lost!
Up for grabs tonight: the second in our series of Daniel Bryan YES! badges. Yep, we’re gonna do three of them in total, and if you get all three you’ll have a big YES! YES! YES! section on your UPROXX achievements page.
To earn the second YES! badge, you do the same thing you did to earn the first: During the show, tweet this open discussion thread to everyone you’ve ever met, share the post on Facebook and click that “like” button just below the title of the post. That’s it! And hey, if you missed out on last night’s badge, don’t worry — this blue vegan bad boy will look great by itself. Even if you lose it in 18 seconds.
Let’s enjoy pro wrestling! WWE Raw discussion starts right now.
- Drop a comment on the report and let me know what you thought of the show! Or what you thought about what I thought about the show, or whatever. We appreciate having you around, and your patronage is appreciated in non-badge situations. Also, seriously, click that like button. If you don’t I’m gonna stretch the next 5-page report into a 50 page slideshow.