Why This Is Great
1. In a world where Tim Tebow could throw a 100 yard touchdown pass to a great white shark through some combination of video editing and Powerade®, it’s great to see people actually setting up stuffed animals and hitting them with soccer kicks. If this was doctored in any way it would be a waste of time, but as it exists now, it’s … well, still a total waste of time, but a fun one.
2. I’m going to buy a pack of glow sticks and go out raving to that Angry Birds theme remix right now.
3. The video does not involve people making basketball shots from a great distance or getting super, super serious about it on Twitter.
4. When I saw the headline “Soccer players bring Angry Birds to life” on the UPROXX main page this morning I couldn’t grasp how they were going to do it; it was either soccer players in Halloween costumes dog-piling each other and breaking two-by-fours or someone was actually throwing birds at pigs. Thankfully neither of those things happen, even if the video devolves into people kicking balls at a dude in costume and making us listen to them laugh about it.
5. It’s way better than “Soccer players bring Words With Friends to life” video, which is just Europeans playing Scrabble.