When everyone else does power rankings, they’re redundant and stupid. When we do Power Rankings, they totally kick ass.
1. Bacon. It’s worth pulling a knife over. It’s good to know that some weapon-wielding gent is looking out for bacon-lovers everywhere. via.
2. Fandom Boiling Over. A Brazilian soccer fan got up close and personal with one of her favorite teams–after getting hit by the team bus. Sad, really.
3. The argument against paying college athletes. Short argument: those kids determine their own worth by signing with a system that gives them enormous fringe benefits. Long argument: here.
4. A Throw-In For The Ages. They don’t mess around in German women’s soccer. Achtung, Helga! via.
5. The Washington Nationals. First TV color guy Rob Dibble was canned, and now Nyjer Morgan finds himself in a bit of trouble. You don’t have to do anything good to be a celebrity, as long as you do it colorfully.
6. Olivia Munn. Not ugly. Now that you mention it, not much of a dresser, either.
7. Happy penguins. They’re one of the few undomesticated animals that actually enjoy the company of people. Idiots.
9. The overrating of Terrelle Pryor. The Ohio State quarterback went 17-for-25 in his season opener. But don’t expect everyone to be on the bandwagon.
10. Fights in the stands. Go ahead. Relive the magic.