- Thanks for your patience with this week’s report. The Monday Night Raw Watch Party II at The ND this week was a big success, but the downside is that it makes me watch Raw twice and generally F’s the scheduling in the A. The fill-in Over The Limit report didn’t work out as planned, so at the risk of having you guys be all Royal Rumble 2012 about it, that report is pending.
- Please make sure to leave a comment on the report. Facebook likes and Twitter shares are huge. These take forever to write, so if you want me to keep them up instead of just posting basketball videos like a normal popular sports blog should, do your part.
- Thanks to Casey for pics and gifs, as always. Can’t wait to BRO IT UP with you at King of Trios this year.
It’s not just for Shane Helms anymore! Tonight starting at 7:30 EST, WWE goes Over The Limit on pay-per-view. The show begins with a preliminary match streaming live on WWE’s YouTube channel and continues on throughout a WWE Championship match pitting CM Punk against Daniel Bryan in a battle of Who The Internet Loves Most and a match between John Cena and Executive Vice President et al. John Laurinaitis. If Laurinaitis loses, he’ll be officially terminated.
Full card is below:
– John Cena vs. John Laurinaitis – If Cena wins, Laurinaitis will be fired.
- WWE Championship Match: CM Punk (c) vs. Daniel Bryan
- World Heavyweight Championship Match: Sheamus (c) vs. Alberto Del Rio vs. Randy Orton vs. Chris Jericho
- WWE Tag Team Championship Match: R-Truth and Kofi Kingston (c) vs. Jack Swagger and Dolph Ziggler
- WWE Divas Championship Match: Layla (c) vs. Beth Phoenix
- Pre-show Match: Kane vs. Zack Ryder
We’ll be talking about the show all night long. The top 10 comments from tonight’s thread will be featured in tomorrow’s Best And Worst Of WWE Over The Limit report. To nominate a comment for top 10 status, respond to it with a +1.
- Our comments were down by like… 80 last week (and it was a good week!) so prepare for NONSTOP DEMANDS FOR YOUR COMMENTS, LIKES, TWEETS AND SHARES. Help a brother out, all I do is give you free entertainment and make you click five-seven times.
- This Sunday is ACW’s Prom, so if you’re interested in filling in for the Best and Worst of Over The Limit and have some sort of resume (like being a nationally touring comedian or having played Dr. Cube in Kaiji Big Battel) that would make me go “oh wow okay” or some ridiculous amount of Twitter followers that would trick me into believing the first half is true, shoot me an e-mail.
WWE Extreme Rules (where all the rules are EXTREME~!) goes down this Sunday night at 8 PM EST, and With Leather is here to provide you a comfortable place to discuss the show with likeminded individuals who are gonna go YEAHH KILL HIMMM when a guy’s about to be thrown through a press table.
The complete card for Extreme Rules, including the championship match pre-show on WWE’s YouTube channel, is below.
The top 10 comments in tonight’s open discussion thread will be featured in Monday’s Best And Worst Of WWE Extreme Rules report. To nominate a comment for top 10 status, reply to it with a +1. Try not to be extreme and plus anything else.
To thank you for hanging out with us on Sunday night, we’re giving you the greatest possible commenting badge: the Daniel Bryan YES! badge.
During Extreme Rules, you can unlock this vegan bad boy by tweeting about the open discussion thread, sharing it on Facebook and clicking the “like” button just above the banner image. If you miss every other badge we offer, don’t miss the one that gives your profile a screaming affirmation. YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!
- If you haven’t listened to it yet, be sure to check out episode 2 of my pro wrestling podcast With Spandex. I talk to Deadspin and Grantland’s David “The Masked Man” Shoemaker about everything from WrestleMania to “Don’t Step To Ron”. It’s a good time. With Spandex will be taking a one week hiatus this week so I can cover the Moontower Comedy and Oddity festival for UPROXX, but it’ll be right back.
- Don’t be afraid to leave a comment on this report. We’ve build a great community of intelligent, funny wrestling fans and you should be a part of it, because seriously, you aren’t gonna find it anywhere else. Not even on that Fark page where they linked us but nobody clicked it and just talked about Raw on the Fark page.
- First and foremost I’d like to thank my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ give a huge thank you to Bill Hanstock for filling in on the WWE Raw Open Discussion Thread and to Chris Trew for his excellent fill-in job for me on yesterday’s Best And Worst Of Raw. I’ve been in an airport for seemingly the last month and a half so I had to miss everything. Yes, it was spoiled for me before I got home. No, it won’t be as good when I get to write about it next week.
- Comments are appreciated. I’ve gotten a lot of WHERE’S THE WRESTLEMANIA THING feedback, so let’s hear what you thought about the show below. Shares, Facebook likes, Pinterests (?) and Google Plussage are all appreciated.
- Thanks again to THESTINGER for helping me out with show images and gifs. Anything that wasn’t grabbed from TV was taken by me, or someone holding my camera.
- I am extremely tired!
Please click through and enjoy my take on the live experience of WWE Wrestlemania 28. It was … something.