- Comments, shares, likes, whatevers are appreciated!
- As with last year, this is a live Mania report, so please excuse me if I mention (or don’t mention) some stuff that was either explained by commentary or obvious to people seeing things through the camera’s lens. It’s hard to pick up some of the small stuff when you are an acre away, trying to figure out whether the MetLife Stadium french fries are vegan.
- Be sure to be back here tomorrow for the Best and Worst of WWE Raw report, because as you may know, post-Mania Raw is like a thousand times better than Mania proper. I don’t know why.
Please click through to enjoy the Best and Worst of WrestleMania 29 live.
- First and foremost I’d like to thank my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ give a huge thank you to Bill Hanstock for filling in on the WWE Raw Open Discussion Thread and to Chris Trew for his excellent fill-in job for me on yesterday’s Best And Worst Of Raw. I’ve been in an airport for seemingly the last month and a half so I had to miss everything. Yes, it was spoiled for me before I got home. No, it won’t be as good when I get to write about it next week.
- Comments are appreciated. I’ve gotten a lot of WHERE’S THE WRESTLEMANIA THING feedback, so let’s hear what you thought about the show below. Shares, Facebook likes, Pinterests (?) and Google Plussage are all appreciated.
- Thanks again to THESTINGER for helping me out with show images and gifs. Anything that wasn’t grabbed from TV was taken by me, or someone holding my camera.
- I am extremely tired!
Please click through and enjoy my take on the live experience of WWE Wrestlemania 28. It was … something.
Tonight: the Hall of Fame highlights at 8:00 p.m. ET and then A BRAND NEW ERA FOR REAL Y’ALL.
No “official” preview blurb because WWE.com is laboring under the illusion that people know enough to point their Internet machine to “WWE.com” but don’t know who won any of the matches at WrestleMania 28. At any rate, it’s safe to assume we’ll get plenty of fallout from Team Johnny’s win, where both John Cena and the Rock go from here, whether Undertaker and/or Triple H have any plans to retire, and the possible announcement of a match for next year’s WrestleMania. Also, Brock Lesnar, Batista and Lita were all in Miami over the weekend (maybe), so we might get some Big Damn Surprises.
- Brandon will be returning soon and may pop up in the comments thread at some point, but I’ll be your host for the evening. Expect slightly less references to mascots and Destiny and slightly more references to the San Francisco Giants and Magic: the Gathering. Tomorrow’s Best and Worst of Raw will be by the immensely talented Chris Trew so make sure to check that out.
- Really hammer the comments, guys. I saw that Mania thread so I know you’ve got it in you to cause the server to hemorrhage with your jokes about Undertaker’s new haircut. Remember: the top 10 comments from tonight’s open discussion thread will be featured in tomorrow’s Best and Worst Of WWE Raw report. It’ll make you Internet famous, which is way better than being regular-famous, because you never have to wear pants.
- IMPORTANT: to nominate a comment for one of the top 10 of the night, be sure to reply with +1. If you +1 your own comments, that’s fine I guess, but everyone will know you’re sadly desperate.
Being a happy wrestling fan is like being politically moderate. It makes sense on paper, but Jesus, everyone around you has fallen off the deep end. To the right you have Pro Wrestling Republicans, the people who describe themselves as “smart” but can’t stop telling you who got the biggest pops, the people who can’t send in match results without editorializing about burials and “going home” and whatever other lingo they picked up from DVDR this week. To the left you have Pro Wrestling Democrats, apologists who think we should all just sit back and enjoy the wrestling for what it is, people who don’t understand why you’re taking this so seriously because the only thing good about wrestling is colorful characters and finishing moves. Both sides love the Undertaker.
And that brings us to Wrestlemania 27, one of the most talked about shows in recent memory. No, not that happy kind of talking like when the Nexus attacked and something violent and wonderful was happening in wrestling. No, that sad kind of sighing talk like when Nexus existed in any and every other week.
I’m going to go through this in order, and try to keep my wits about me.