We’re reworking our lead-off post to give you a plate full of sports news goodness every morning. We’re calling it the Morning Meat, and it will set the table for the business that With Leather gives you throughout the day. Like everything else on this site, it’s a work in progress. Img.
|Sizzling headlines straight from the griddle|
It Ain’t Easy Being Cheesy. The one to watch at the Winter Olympics beginning this weekend is the super hot Lindsey Vonn, who isn’t a slouch on the slopes either. Except that an intense deep-tissue bruise on her shin might leave her watching her gold medals swish by on TV. She’s hoping the cheese wraps will heal the bruising in time for the races. You read that right: cheese wraps.
UFC Kicks Trigg to the Curb. Frank Trigg, UFC welterweight who was already dismissed once for sucking, has been KTFO of the UFC once again after fighting his way back in. He’s unsure of what he’ll do next. If I might offer some suggestions, he could look into porn or maybe become a bounty hunter. But I think porn seems like the more logical choice.
Boston University Just Became Hasselbeck’s Heir. Except the only payout they can expect is in the form of brain. Don Hasselbeck, who estimates to have been on the receiving end of some 20 concussions in his career, is donating his brain to research upon his death. The hope is that they will be able to see the effects of concussions in football. Awwww…what a guy.
Your WTF? Quote of the Day. Graham Watanabe, a snowboarder on the U.S. Olympic team, has high expectations for what he wants his second Olympic appearance to be like:
“Pegasus mating with a unicorn and the creature that they birth I somehow tame it and ride it to the sky and clouds and sunshine and rainbows–USA Today
|Scores Over Easy? We’ve Got Upsets!|
Upsets are determined using the opening line on each game.
NCAABK New Mexico 76, UNLV 66
NBA Heat 94, Hawks 76
Kings 103, Pistons 97
Celtics 85, Hornets 93
Lakers 96, Jazz 81
Trail Blazers 108, Suns 101
Clippers 102, Warriors 132
NHL Predators 2, Rangers 1
Sharks 0, Blue Jackets 3
Capitals 5, Canadiens 6
Coyotes 3, Wild 2
|No breakfast is complete without some links!|
- CGI Dino porn, brought to you by the Discovery Channel. If you’re into that sort of thing. Warming Glow.
- Your Super Bowl Meast and Least. Wait, the Super Bowl happened already? I guess I hadn’t heard. Kissing Suzy Kolber.
- The Dongria of India lead a life and struggle that parallels those of the Na’avi. They are disappointingly not blue. Film Drunk.
- A new rice has been developed that you don’t have to cook. Sigh I love efficiency (read: laziness). Gamma Squad.
- George Snufalupagus got the most pointless strip tease ever from his wife live on GMA. Inside TV.
- Never get tired of public figures lookin’ like a fool. The Top 10 Most Embarrassing Moments in NBA Slam Dunk Contest History. Bleacher Report.
- When I read “Top Ten Bear Stories You Need to Know About” I totally thought they meant the kind you you might find at a leather bar. Boy am I disappointed. Gunaxin.
- This list of ways to improve the Winter Olympics is missing only one thing: massive amounts of booze. Holy Taco.
- Quiz: Name the NCAA Helmet. Sporcle.
Tips? Okay, but that’s it. Anything more and I’ll have to turn you in to HR: WithLeather-Tips@Uproxx.com