We’re reworking our lead-off post to give you a plate full of sports news goodness every morning. We’re calling it the Morning Meat, and it will set the table for the business that With Leather gives you throughout the day. Like everything else on this site, it’s a work in progress. Img.
|Sizzling headlines straight from the griddle|
Canada Goes Gold. Thanks to Alexandre Bilodeau, the rest of the world can finally stop hearing about how Canada has never won a gold on their own turf. He breezed through the moguls last night with a final score of 26.75, to beat out Australia’s Dale Begg-Smith and USA’s Bryon Wilson. Canada now has 1 gold, 1 silver, and 1 bronze.
McMurray Popped His Daytona Cherry. Earnhardt Ganassi Racing’s Jamie McMurray won his first Daytona 500 yesterday. Despite interruptions for a hole in the track at turn 2, McMurray was finally able to pull into the lead for the last two laps. However, this has nothing to do with Danica Patrick in a bikini so it doesn’t really matter.
How the West Was Won. In front of a crowd of 108,718 fans, the East narrowly beat the West in the All-Star Game at Cowboys Stadium. Dwayne Wade won MVP with 28 points and 5 steals–nabbing the title from favorite Dirk Nowitzki. The only impressive things about this game were the record crowd size and Shakira’s ass. Otherwise it was a defense-less bore fest. I see more hustle in the perp walk outside the government center.
Snowboard Cross-ed Out. Fans expecting to watch the snowboard cross events today and tomorrow are in for a little disappointment as officials put the kibosh on the course. I bet you can’t guess why. Hint: rain washed away about a foot of snow. 8,000 tickets will be refunded for a $400,000 hit. Hopefully they’ll replace it with more Germans in clown costumes.
|Scores Over Easy? We’ve Got Upsets!|
Upsets are determined using the opening line on each game.
NCAABK Louisville 66, Syracuse 60
|No breakfast is complete without some links!|
- Monday mornings are almost always horrible, but today you can wake up with Megan Fox’s Armani ad. Warming Glow.
- “A Brief History of Pretty Much Everything” is a flipbook animation drawn on notebook paper that covers…pretty much everything. Gamma Squad.
- I know what you were thinking. You were thinking about how much you love Twilight and that you really hope they make Breaking Dawn into two movies. You LOVE sparkly vampires! Film Drunk.
- Peezy gon’ “bust shots in YO’ WATER MAMMAL MOUF’!”. Trust. Kissing Suzy Kolber.
- Batman will whup your ass if you don’t shop at Zeller’s. Comics Alliance.
- “10 Most Devastating TV Couple Splits” – I’m still upset about Kevin and Winnie. Inside TV.
- Oiling and lotioning, lotioning and oiling…Get your Wendy Peffercorn here. Gunaxin.
- See if you can name the 2010 Winter Olympics sports. Sporcle.
Tips? Okay, but that’s it. Anything more and I’ll have to turn you in to HR: WithLeather-Tips@Uproxx.com